Re: libxc 6.0.0 update / soversion bump

Hi!

On Friday, 14 October 2022 at 17:42, Susi Lehtola wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have released libxc 6.0.0 today, and intend to update the package in
> Fedora as well. As a major release update, the soversion will change;
> however, the changes in the API should not affect any dependent
> packages so simple rebuilds will suffice.

That's good to know, however...

> The list of dependent packages is
>
> cp2k-9.1-3.fc37.src.rpm
> elk-8.3.22-2.fc37.src.rpm
> gpaw-22.8.0-2.fc38.src.rpm
> psi4-1.3.2-14.fc37.src.rpm
> python-pyscf-2.1.1-1.fc38.src.rpm
> votca-2022-8.fc37.src.rpm
>
> I am the maintainer of psi4 and python-pyscf; I can run the rebuilds
> of the four other packages. I will do the update in a week from now.

... you haven't Cc'd the other maintainers and I missed this
announcement, so I haven't rebuilt my package (cp2k) and now it's
failing to install in rawhide. To avoid that in the future, please add
the maintainers of the affected packages to Cc field. I also added you
to commit ACL for cp2k, so you can rebuild it yourself next time.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dominik
--