JEEEEEEEZUS! OpenSSL and ECC patents (was Re: Mesa in F37- vaapi support ...

Wild-assed guessing about what legal will or won't do is just naive amateur-hour noise.

Distro legalities are fubar'd.  Every company's terrified of patent claims.  The bigger they are the worse it is. Here we got Redhat and IBM.

Just let legal do what legal will do.  You're not going to change lawyers.  Not easily anyway.  Especially on this list.

If there's any question remove "it" now! until it's resolved.
Or get ready to live with the unpleasant consequences.  You won't see them coming.  And then you'll be in react-mode.

In the meantime find a way to let users build what they need easily themselves locally, for private use, without distribution.

That means an easy build farm off of Fedora or Redhat servers. That's not rpmfusion.

Charge for it.  People will pay.

Now can we PLEEEEEEZE stop with endless "IANAL but" BS?