Heads-up: Plans to retire rust-ffsend and outdated HTTP / WebSocket libraries

Hi all,

I plan to retire rust-ffsend (a "Firefox Send" client) from Fedora 37+
before the start of the Final Freeze. I recently discovered that the
official Firefox Send servers have been offline since 2020 and that
ffsend has been using "unofficial" third-party servers since then,
which is not ideal.

Additionally, the project has lots of outdated dependencies, some of
which are stuck at versions that were released over two years ago. I
would like to get rid of these from the Rust stack on Fedora to ensure
we don't ship ancient (and potentially buggy / vulnerable) versions
of, for example, HTTP client libraries (reqwest v0.10, I'm looking at
you).

I'll also be looking into dropping some associated (mostly "compat")
packages for HTTP libraries (hyper v0.10 and v0.13) and deprecated /
unmaintained WebSocket client/server implementations (the websocket
crate), and possibly the obsolete web framework "iron" (unused in
Fedora, last updated over three years ago) and the outdated
"multipart" crate (obsoleted upstream, unused in Fedora). As far as I
can tell, the only applications that still use these ancient libraries
- if there are any - are themselves either non-functional, deprecated,
or unmaintained.

Fabio