Re: Inactive packagers to be removed after the F37 release

Dne 16. 09. 22 v 19:03 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 10:03:35AM +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Isn't peer review much better and easier solution over all? We could also
require signed commits I guess.
I think it would slow things down quite a lot to require peer review of
every commit.

This proposal was based mainly upon the conversation, where nothing what was proposed was secure enough. Every proposal was shot down having some possible holes. While peer review might be slow and it is certainly not bullet proof, I don't think we can do any better.

And BTW, when I talk about peer review, I think that also ex-post peer review is valuable. E.g. if I contribute to some package, I'll look at every commit notification and check the changes. If I see something concerning, I'll try to address it. Better late then never.

Vít

I'd personally like to avoid anything where we need to support gpg.
It's a mess and I think it would waste a lot of cycles explaining how to
use it or help people get setup. ;( If there's some easier/more clear
way to sign things that could be a option tho.

kevin