Re: Fwd: F36 BTRFS crashed

On 9/17/22 15:17, Brian Clark wrote:
About a 2 weeks ago using VirtualBox I started up a Fedora 36
Workstation, then start making a ruby on rails web app.  This evening
when I started up the project file I only got to emergency mode
because the filesystem is not mountable.  I did a quick google search
on the error and found that the recommended action is to send the
BTRFS email list the problem so they could help.  So that's what I
did. (attaching that email to this one)  After sending the email I did
continue to look for the answer online.  I found the closest errors to
my own were also Virtual Machines. Unfortunately,  I found no
solutions to my problem (in fact several never received answers even
though they were asked in 2020 and 2021.)

IMO:  It looks like BTRFS and virtual machines do not play well
together.  Is there any way for installation files to detect the VM
and option to different filesystem?  Or at least give a warning. I
wish this wouldn't have happened at all but I am certainly glad this
happened at 1.5 weeks instead of 10 weeks into the project.

If there's an issue here, it's not "virtual machines", it's virtualbox. Here's a similar issue with vmware including some possible options for recovering the filesystem.

Why are you using virtualbox instead of kvm?