Re: small aarch64 home server

> Am 13.09.2022 um 15:38 schrieb Jiri Vanek <jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hello!
>
> My rpi based home base server died rpi NAS keep running:).
> I  would very like to replace it with little bit better thing - in work, I have https://softiron.com/blog/news_20160624/ , unluckily, It seems that similar machines - I can call it aarch64 desktop, somehow died off.
>
> Does anybody have any tips for similar machines?
> As for tech spec - strongest rpi *2 :);

For Fedora Server we recommend:

1. Pine64 Rock64Pro
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/ROCKPro64
Very well supported OSS drivers
Optional eMMS. and/or NVMe storage
Sturdy case, although a bit bulky (and expensive) if you opt for NVME
nicely stackable

2. Libre Computer Roc-RK2299-PC
https://libre.computer/products/roc-rk3399-pc/
Maker firefly: https://en.t-firefly.com/product/industry/rocrk3399pcpro
Full support of OSS drivers
Optional eMMC / NVME storage
maybe some problems to find a suitable case if you opt for NVME extension board
nicely stackable

3. Radxa Rock PI4a (or 4aplus) (Modell A w/0 WiFi / bt)
https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4
good OSS driver support for server usage (i.e. w/o accelerated graphics)
eMMC already onboard, NVMe optional, up to 2TB supported
nice and very compact case
that is the most compact and affordable solution.
OK stackable

Just in case you want install Fedora server, we (Fedora Server Working Group) would be happy to cooperate and make your installation a use case for our Server documentation.
(https://docs.stg.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-server/installation-on-sbc/)