Joining Fedora Chat from own Homeserver

Hello,

Been looking for a place to hang out and chat to other Fedora people and through
the docs I found: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/help/

I've previously used IRC to interact with the Fedora community and recently
decided to switch to Matrix for those projects that support it so it's great to see
that fedora.im exists and allows me to log in with my FAS credentials.

While the initial experience is OK and channels join reasonably quickly, some
channels give me errors (such as Fedora Python) as I get an error with a tarfile
full of logs.

However, I'd like to join the Fedora Project Chat not from my FAS account but from
my own homeserver; this homeserver is hosted by EMS. As far as I know I can't login
to multiple accounts with the Element application I use as my Matrix client.

Doing so seems excessively hard, I had to look around for quite a while to find and
invite link to the Fedora 'Space' which I eventually found on the forums: https://matrix.to/#/#fedora-space:fedoraproject.org (can someone let me know if this
is the correct link to use to join the Fedora 'Space'?)

After that the problems begin, I've been able to join two channels (Announcements and
Introductions) but joining those channels took about 60 seconds each. Joining other
channels such as Devel or Social time out. The Python room also gives me issues but in
my local Element client it tells me that the room does not exists on the server.

Aside from that any joined room does not show up under the 'Fedora' space nor can I
move them there.

I'd like to know any tips and/or tricks people have for succesfully joining channels
on the Fedora Chat through their own homeserver or if I am relegated to keeping an
extra browser open for the Fedora Chat web-Element, or if I should ignore all of the
fancy Matrix-ness and revert back to IRC.

Regards,

Simon