Re: CVE Tracking Bugs

Dne 09. 09. 22 v 17:09 Maxwell G via devel napsal(a):
On Friday, September 9, 2022 Vít Ondruch wrote:
However, I think that the idea is that whatever should be said about the
CVE should be said in the main tracer. The fedora tracker should be used
just to not forget to fix this in Fedora.
Why not both? We shouldn't have to reference two different bugs to figure out
what's going on.

First of all, what is the information you would like to put to either of the trackers?

One information which comes to my mind is that one might have doubts about applicability of the CVE to Fedora, right? But if the CVE is not applicable to Fedora, then it is possibly not applicable to RHEL. Or if this is not convincing, the you can s/Fedora/Linux/ and applicability to Linux vs e.g. Windows. So should such information be put into Fedora tracker or into the main tracker?

So what other information, which is really specific to Fedora should be put into Fedora tracker?

Vít