Re: Intel MIPI IPU6 cameras support

On 9/9/22 13:50, Leigh Scott wrote:

Also note that you will also need to create a kmod package for
the also out of tree v4l2-loopback kernel driver. The closed-source
userspace bits Intel provide only work with gstreamer. So the
way this is used on other distros is with a little helper process
which runs a gstreamer-pipeline from the camera and then injects
the resulting frames back into the kernel through v4l2-loopback
so that e.g. firefox sees a good old /dev/video0 device.
Regards,

Hans
v4l2loopback-kmod already exists.

Thanks for the tips and advice, guys! I guess I should have explained myself better -- my current goal is, of course, to make things work for me. And as the next step I was thinking about a Copr repo, i.e. an equivalent of PPA/AUR. Then RPMFusion. I haven't really started the work so I was trying to avoid effort duplication and starting from zero in case somebody has already made some progress.

Thanks!

--
Vratislav