Re: F38 Proposal: SPDX License Phase 1 (Self-Contained Change proposal)

On 9/8/22 06:44 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Quick heads up where we are:

I had been following this discussion, and I vaguely remember that there was talk of it having to be conditional, perhaps with a macro.

Has all that now been resolved?  Can one simply convert to the new SPDX license identifier for all active Fedora releases, i.e. F35 through Rawhide?

	Steve

* people started voluntary migrating the identifiers to SPDX. When the license is not on our list, you can open issue or even merge request here:
https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data
Richard and Jilayne are doing awesome work reviewing the license and they added huge amount of licenses on list.

* We have list of allowed licenses

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/allowed-licenses/

and script which generate the page [1] but the result is not yet deployed to prod. Neither automation is set yet.

We also have list of not allowed license with reasons of rejections

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/legal/not-allowed-licenses/

* We have MR [2] which creates the data for rpmlint. Again, this is not merged and not yet in Fedora.

* Richard and Jilayne are submitting licenses which are missing in spdx.org list to SPDX.

* Package fedora-license-data is included in Fedora. We are in process of setting automation which will create new update when there are new data.

[1] https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/merge_requests/55

[2] https://gitlab.com/fedora/legal/fedora-license-data/-/merge_requests/76

We still have lot of work on our plates due to voluntary migration. Once we clean all these things and and workflow from voluntary migration gets lower we will start preparing for phase 2 - it will include migration of the remaining packages. My guess is that we are few months away from that.

If you want to migrate your package and you hit a problem, do not hesitate to jump to legal mailing list and ask for a help

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/legal.lists.fedoraproject.org/

Miroslav