Re: Thunderbird 102 pushed to F36 stable

On 9/3/22 04:42, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> W dniu 3.09.2022 o 02:56, luya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx pisze:
>>> Here we go again: thunderbird 102 update was submitted to F36.
>>>
>>> This new version was known to bring incompatible changes to several
>>> addons, yet it has been submitted to a stable Fedora release with
>>> autopush enable and just a karma threshold of 2. It took less than 5
>>> hours from the time the update was submitted to the time the update was
>>> pushed to stable.
>> Which addons are incompatible? Additionally, use "Addon Compatibility
>> Check" for the purpose. The best practice is to contact these addons
>> developers fixing their issues.
> After using Thunderbird for over 10 years I have a feeling that addons
> developers more often abandon their addons when Thunderbird breaks
> compatibility rather than continue working on them.

Can you name specific addons?

> More and more functionality present in addons goes away when Tb devs
> remove apis used by addons.

Qubes OS used to have an addon, but it was broken when legacy extension
support was dropped.  Thunderbird 102 added the missing API (a hook
for attachment context menus) needed to implement the extension as
a stable WebExtension.
--
Sincerely,
Demi Marie Obenour (she/her/hers)