Re: Let's enable Koschei for all packages automatically

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 10:09 AM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dne 25. 08. 22 v 16:38 Fabio Valentini napsal(a):
> >> The rust-sig packages are also set to automatically be tracked by
> >> Koschei from the looks of it and I expect this can then be done for all
> >> packages instead of for individual SIGs:
> >>
> >> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/blob/main/f/roles/openshift-apps/koschei/vars/production.yml#_45
> > As far as I understand, this only automatically adds packages that are
> > associated with the  "@rust-sig" group on dist-git to the "rust-sig"
> > group on koschei.
> > We still need to manually enable tracking for new packages, but
> > syncing group membership is automatic.
>

> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/blob/c2c063d22fe9a36b167fd27496aa1bd832ff1ca7/f/roles/openshift-apps/koschei/vars/production.yml#_47
>
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/koschei/blob/master/bin/koschei-track-group
>
> Checking these two ^^ I'd say that the whole group is automatically tracked.

That is correct.
All packages for which rust-sig dist-git group is a watcher
(configurable in dist-git) are added to rust-sig group in Koschei.
Then all packages that belong to the rust-sig group in Koschei are set
as tracked.
This is done by cron jobs scheduled every 3 hours.

Anyone can request packages meeting certain criteria (eg. name
matching some pattern, or owned/watched by a particular person/group)
to be auto-tracked by Koschei or added to a particular group of
packages.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski