SLF4J 2.0.0 update in Fedora Rawhide

Hello,

In September package slf4j in Fedora Rawhide will be updated to a new
major version 2.0.0. This update contains API and ABI breaks,
therefore I am announcing it in advance. More details follow.

SLF4J is a popular Java logging framework. A new major version 2.0.0
has been recently released. For summary of changes see upstream
changelog: https://www.slf4j.org/news.html
Notably some functionality has been removed without replacement and
some classes have been renamed. Code changes may be required to port
code to the new version of SLF4J.

Currently Fedora Rawhide ships version 1.7.32 of SLF4J, but I am
preparing to push the new version 2.0.0.
A proof of concept code is available as pull request:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/slf4j/pull-request/10
In the PR above you can also find a Koji scratch build of the new
version, that can be used for testing dependent packages.
ETA for submitting Bodhi update to stable is mid September 2022.
Please contact me on the list or on IRC on #fedora-java if you want to
cooperate on building and pushing related updates together.

A compat package slf4j1 may be created if it turns out that porting
multiple packages at the same time is infeasible. A rebuild of
dependent packages with trivial changes (such as updating
BuildRequires) may still be needed to start using the compat package.

Packages that are known to require or build-require slf4j and
therefore are possibly affected by the update:

antlr3
antlr4-project
apache-sshd
aqute-bnd
dogtag-pki
freemarker
hdf
hdf5
java-dirq
jboss-logging
jericho-html
jetty
jgit
jss
ldapjdk
log4j
mariadb-java-client
maven
maven-artifact-transfer
maven-plugin-bundle
maven-resolver
maven-script-interpreter
maven-shade-plugin
maven-wagon
mysql-connector-java
openas2
plexus-resources
pomchecker
resteasy
sisu
sisu-mojos
slf4j
tomcatjss
xbean
xmvn
xmvn-connector-ivy

Maintainers of affected packages are BCC-ed.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski