Re: Users with commit rights in src.fp.o but no more in packager group

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 07:12:46AM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> Il 26/08/22 19:00, Kevin Fenzi ha scritto:
> > On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 05:30:35PM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> >>
> >> With the exclusion of *-team, *-sig and *-maint, I think packaging
> >> rights should be removed from those users.
> > I think these are users who manually removed themselves from the
> > packager group, but didn't remove all their acls first. (and legit
> > groups/sigs).
> Is it possible for users to remove themselves from the packager group?
> I've looked into fedora accounts interface, but I didn't found how.

Login to accounts.fedoraproject.org, go to
https://accounts.fedoraproject.org/group/packager/ and then scroll way
down past all the sponsors and there should be a 'leave group' button on
the right side at the start of the users in the group list.

> >> Also, as per my comment linked above, I think there should be some check
> >> to prevent users removed from packager group to maintain commit rights.
> >> No idea where/how to implement that.
> > I don't think it happens too often. We could make a script that checks
> > it from time to time tho. Might be a good cadidate for a toddler (
> > https://pagure.io/toddlers)
> I'll try to write one. I suppose we just want to be notified of a list
> of users, rather than automatically remove users permissions?

yeah. At least initially...

> > In the mean time I agree we should remove the non team/sig/maint users
> > above.
> >
> Should I file a ticket to releng? Or to fedora-infra?

Infra I guess...

kevin