Re: Packages silently dropping approved changes

On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 at 00:44, Ralf Corsépius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 25.08.22 um 23:00 schrieb Iñaki Ucar:

> >> How exactly does flexiblas break freefem++? I see v4.10 was built just
> >> fine. Then v4.11 reverted to openblas. If it works with openblas, I
> >> see no reason to break with flexiblas, among other things because
> >> openblas is the default backend. Moreover, arpack, superlu,
> >> suitesparse and other BuildRequires link against flexiblas.
> >
> > In fact, freefem++ was one of the easiest packages to adapt: you just
> > set the library, and it does nothing fancy nor too-clever to try to
> > discover anything.
> Then you haven't looked into details (build.log rsp. config.status).

Could you please describe the issues?

> flexiblas causes freefem's configure script to produce bogus results.

If you are referring to this line

configure: -- NO ARPACK --  enable_download : no , wget: yes

then I have good news. I think we can agree that the configure script
is a mess. It just needed a simple fix to make that test successful,
namely, to substitute -llapack with -lflexiblas. Please take a look at
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=91264332. I see no
differences in the list of "configure: ++ <library>" that the script
produces

> Here's a simple patch [1] and a successful scratch
> > build [2], with all checks passing. Please let me know if I'm missing
> > anything, but otherwise, I'll open a PR.
> Please don't and also abstain from submitting pull requests.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to help here. But it's difficult if I don't know
the specific trouble you run into.

--
Iñaki Úcar