Re: Inactive packagers to be removed after the F37 release

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 2:46 AM Merlin Cooper
<mxanthropocene@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like this policy, but it strikes me as odd that the packagers' email
> addresses are posted publicly on the Pagure tickets... Wouldn't that
> make it easier for spammers to get more email addresses?

The script has a flag I can use in the future which (I believe) will
mask the addresses in the tickets. I didn't use it this time because
email addresses are already displayed all over the place. If a spammer
gets an email address from these tickets that they didn't have before,
then I'll be very surprised.

That said, if there's a general consensus that addresses should be
masked in the ticket, then we can do that in the future. I considered
whether the tickets should default to private, but the downside is
that people wouldn't be able to log in and comment on the ticket via
the Pagure web interface, only by email.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His