Re: F37 proposal: Add -fno-omit-frame-pointer to default compilation flags (System-Wide Change proposal)

I've just updated the proposal with an extended description describing the use cases enabled by frame pointers in more details. More specifically, on top of describing the profiling use case in much more detail, I've also added a section on BPF debugging tooling, such as bcc and bpftrace, which will also benefit from much more reliable stacktraces if this proposal is implemented.

I've also clarified that we'll also add -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer to the compiler options. I think this is already implied by -fno-omit-frame-pointer for GCC (maybe a GCC expert can correct me if I'm wrong), but it's better to be explicit.

Finally, I've added a description of shadow stacks to the alternatives section, which are a new hardware feature that might be an option for unwinding in the far future, but at the moment lacks widespread support and isn't available in the kernel so it's not an option just yet.

Cheers,

Daan