proposal idea: EOL notifications

Hi,

In https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2803 Artem asked for a user-visible
notification when a Fedora stops being supported. Various proposals
for online checks were discussed in the bug, but I think we might make
do with something much simpler.

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/23924 proposes adding
SUPPORT_END=YYYY-MM-DD to /usr/lib/os-release. My idea would that we'd
e.g. pop up a desktop notification when that date is close, and a
bigger redder notification once it has been passed. The date could be
set to some initial value even on the initial release, and then
adjusted through updates to fedora-release.rpm if our schedule slips.
I guess we could add a notification during boot in systemd itself, but
most users wouldn't see that, so a graphical notification would also
be needed.

The advantage of this proposal that it is very simple and will work
even on machines that don't have network connectivity, and can be easily
integrated into various DEs and tools.

WDYT?

Zbyszek