Re: new in 2005-7-9 glibc: no more LinuxThreads

--On Monday, July 11, 2005 5:07 PM -0400 Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Loki games I have appear to be statically linked, so
glibc shouldn't have any influence on those.

I'm using tribes2d.dynamic for my T2 game servers running on FC2. Seems to work ok.

Once upon a time I recall having to use one of those KERNEL_ASSUME environment variables, but I don't see it in my current script. An old script has this:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

I think this had something to do with a change to how saving the FPU state was done. It doesn't appear to be needed now.

With the advent of more multi-core CPU's, I expect to see more game server binaries make use of threading. There's some now in Battlefield 2's server.