Re: F37 proposal: Build all JDKs in Fedora against in-tree libraries and with static stdc++lib (System-Wide Change proposal)

> Once, long ago, we were the leader in the Linux Java ecosystem, but
> ironically as Red Hat's influence in OpenJDK grew, investment in
> Fedora dwindled.

That really is not true.  But maybe we were doing to much to keep any java somehow alive. This proposal will untie our hands, and we wil be able to focus to toher things - exactl those which you propose.

> We've also lost most of our Java based apps to even test OpenJDK with.
> What the heck are we supposed to do to test and give karma? We lost
> Eclipse last year, and we lost IntellJ and NetBeans several years ago.
> Azureus was removed a year ago, too. The larger Java community stopped
> encouraging the development of desktop apps more than seven years ago,

Excelent point - the reason why they quit, is that it is impossible to maintain compelte dependency chain, and having downloadable blob is so much easier for the maintenance.
And JDK world is moving into this direction. If we will not be allowed to do so, JDK can  leave fedora at all.