Re: Call for testing: rpmautospec 0.2.6 in staging

Hi,

On Fri, 2022-05-13 at 15:45 +0000, Artem Tim wrote:
> Does rpmautospec compatible with EPEL-9, EPEL-8 branches?

do you mean if you can use rpmautospec features on packages with
epel8/9 branches, or if you can use the command line tool?

You can definitely use %autorelease/%autochangelog in whatever package
you build in Fedora Koji (right now the new features and fixes aren't
installed in prod instances though). It doesn't matter what branch you
build for, only that the builder itself has the rpmautospec plugin
installed and set up.

Rpmautospec isn't compatible with the version of pygit2 currently
available in EPEL8, and I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet (I
seem to recall I had green lights on bumping that though, but that's
not something I'll attempt on a Sunday before having had lunch without
verifying it first!). The only thing blocking a build for EPEL9 was the
unavailability of python-pytest-xdist, and that's only an optional BR
(which will speed up tests if available and used). I've dropped that BR
there and packages are building at the moment.

Hope that helps,
Nils
--
Nils Philippsen / Senior Software Engineer / Red Hat
PGP fingerprint: D0C1 1576 CDA6 5B6E BBAE 95B2 7D53 7FCA E9F6 395D