Rawhide kernel issues

Hey all-

I have a VM that I keep perpetually on Rawhide for testing that has working fine with updates until the latest 5.18 kernels; it just hangs. Nothing is shown on the screen, no kernel panics, just hangs. The VM is running on ESXi 6.0 on a X7350 Xeon (it’s a Dell PowerEdge R900 server FWIW), configured for 8 gig of ram, 8 processors, and 90 gig of disk space. I’ve tried both rc6 kernels, as well as rc3 (that’s what’s showing up in grub), all hang. Only my ancient F33 rescue kernel works gets the VM to boot.

For testing I built a new VM based on F35 on the same machine with the same specs, updated it to Rawhide, and I get the same behavior, just hangs with the rc6 kernel.

Is there any troubleshooting tips I could try to figure out what’s going on? I’m worried that I’m hitting some too-new-kernel-on-ancient-hardware issue that will prevent using this machine with newer versions of Fedora.

Thanks!

Ron