Re: A quick look at the yum mirrorlists-subscribe feature

Nicholas Miell wrote:

Not too difficult to do, though. Create a new version of fedora-release
with the modified mirrorlist URLs and then make the existing mirrorlist
URLs return a single repo containing only the new version of
fedora-release.

I currently working on such a system. I am using the concept of subscribe/un-subscribe to indicate if a mirror is carrying a copy a particular repoTuple(product,release,arch). It is working well at generating test mirrorlists by repoTuple(product,release,arch) and region/continent. I'm not sure how too bootstrap in the data. 300 mirror X 5 releases(more when you start to consider updates and testing releases) X several arch is a lot of possibilities. I may just brute force it by checking every mirror against every every repoTuple once a day for a couple of weeks. Then if sentry (the probe system) has not successfully hit a repoTuple, it will automatically mark the repoTuple as un-subscribed and require manually intervention to resubscribe it.
-dtf