Re: F37 Change: RPM 4.18 (System-Wide Change proposal)

On 4/26/22 12:53, Fabio Valentini wrote:
On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 11:50 AM Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/7/22 19:13, Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RPM-4.18

== Summary ==
Update RPM to the [https://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.18.0 4.18] release.

FWIW, this is in rawhide now. Submitted yesterday already but some
bodhi/koji delay caused it to only go live today AFAICS.

As per the usual drill, if you so much as suspect a bug/regression in
rpm, don't dwell on it, just go ahead and file it. A few possible false
positives early on is a cheap price to pay compared to having to do
rebuilds en masse later.

I would have appreciated it if you at least waited with pushing it to
rawhide until the FESCo ticket was approved...

Indeed. I do know how the process goes, been through it many, many times, and not sure what made me short-circuit it this time around. Perhaps it was the distressed state of mind from our dog getting hit by a car on Monday morning.

Apologies for that, and having seen the fesco meeting log - indeed it would not hurt to say wait for explicit APPROVED stamp, no matter how obvious it seems.

Oh, and the dog appears okay. Seems we were very, very lucky there.

	- Panu -