Re: F37 Change: Deprecate Legacy BIOS (System-Wide Change proposal)

>> > CSM enabled systems get a BIOS GRUB installation just as if it was a
>> > system without UEFI. The system gets an MBR, GRUB boot code in MBR,
>> > GRUB stage 2 in the MBR gap, etc.
>>
>> Okay, then Secure Boot is mandatory on these systems as far as Fedora is
>> concerned once Fedora removes BIOS support, just as I suspected.
>

> There are some Acer systems that make it harder to disable secure boot, but it's still possible. I've not heard of cases where you cannot at all disable secure boot.

On the systems, if there are any, that don't allow disabling of
secure-boot, they definitely wouldn't allow disabling UEFI either,
UEFI and secure boot are necessarily mutually exclusive, but a system
that won't allow you to disable secure-boot definitely wouldn't
support BIOS either.