Re: GNOME Online Accounts "Fedora" - Pre-authentication failed

On Thu, Apr 7 2022 at 12:30:42 PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, it *could* grow an interface to some of the password wallet
services that support TOTP or HOTP codes (like Bitwarden, Lastpass,
1password, etc.) and configure it to query that service and append the
code to the password. It doesn't help if you want/need a physical
token, though.

Good idea. Of course we'd probably want to use GNOME Keyring for this (which does not currently support third-party services, but could in the future). I suppose gnome-online-accounts would only need to store the TOTP/HOTP seed and some config data.

In the latter case, someone could investigate adding support for
smartcards to GOA and FAS. A request for a TGT could use the pkinit
protocol and query your Yubikey for the certificate. I know FAS
*could* be made to support this, because it's using FreeIPA behind the
scenes and that supports smartcard auth. I have no idea what it would
take for GOA, though.

Another good idea. I suppose I was insufficiently creative....

Michael