Re: RFI/RFC: Fedora Linux graphical recovery environment

> So I come to y'all to ask about this and give us some feedback on the
> idea, how to do it, and what kinds of things you expect people to need
> a recovery environment for.

As somebody used to often get a knock on the door past midnight in the
early 2000’s because some guy in the hostel borked the GRUB setup
(very often caused by a Windows dual boot issue); fiddling with
/mnt/sysimage and grub-reinstall was the most common rescue operation
I used to do (and occasionally still do, but EFI booting has improved
the landscape).
The challenges were/are, generally:
  1.  Finding the correct boot partition
  2.  Invoking the correct magical incantations to reinstall grub
  3.  With GPT & EFI, recently I faced a fresh (dual boot) install of
Fedora 35 didn't boot afterwards; had to force anaconda into inst.gpt
mode and install again.
  4.  A misconfiguration in /etc/fstab causes boot failure

Anything that could potentially ease these procedures: helpful
nudges/suggestions to the user, ready reference to 'magical
incantations' to make (such as pointing to the correct initrd.img...)
etc. would be very useful, I think.