Re: F37 Change: Support FIDO Device Onboarding (Self-Contained Change proposal)

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 3:45 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > This is pretty neat! What kind of stuff can be done with this onboarding system?
> >
> > It's designed to be small and straight forward, do one job securely
> > and succinctly. It's extendable by SIMs (Service Information Modules)
> > and ATM we have a small set of SIMs to do things like add a
> > user/ssh-key, add a file and run a command. We'll be adding
> > functionality like the ability to specify OTA update URLs.
>
> Just to check my understanding here, we can basically bootstrap users,
> download a script, and run it? And in the future we can configure
> RPM-OSTree update remotes?

Basically yes, the OTA is intended to be generic as part of the
standard so we're still working out how exactly to make that generic,
hence why it's not there yet, but the other three are essentially
correct.

This is the first phase of getting it into Fedora IoT so interested
parties can start to play. It's evolving and under active development
and there will be new features coming that will likely be part of
different Change proposals but are not part of this one. This is about
the core functionality.