Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora Linux 36 Beta is GO

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 3:35 PM Dusty Mabe <dusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 3/24/22 15:46, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 2:40 PM David Duncan <davdunc@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:davdunc@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     > On Mar 24, 2022, at 12:28 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>     >
>     > I may try increasing the virtual disk size as I assumed 8GB was enough just to play around, but why is it trying to allocate space for swap when it should be using zswap?
>     >
>
>     Are you sure that it is a function of the Virtualbox image? If you think it still is, can you file an issue for cloud-sig?
>

> Did the screenshot come through? I'm not sure I understand the question. VirtualBox seems to default to 8GB VDI image for Linux. I thought it was a bit low but figured it was worth trying. I upped the VDI image to 20GB and the install completed.
>
> After install I did confirm that no swap partition/file was created. Perhaps this is an artifact left over in the installer prior to the move to zswap and should be removed?

I think David was assuming you were using the Vagrant Virtualbox image provided by the Cloud working group.

It looks like you are doing an Anaconda install, so not using the Vagrant image.

Ok, yes, I was doing a typical Workstation ISO install.

Thanks,
Richard