Re: error: argument unused during compilation: '-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1' [-Werror,-Wunused-command-line-argument]

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 7:54 PM Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Clang doesn't understand some options that gcc does, and a lot of it depends on the version of clang IIRC. For a while Fedora maintainers would modify clang to at least silently ignore these options but now it's much easier to specify the toolchain you're using:
>
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_compiler_macros

Except, unfortunately, the el8 rpm macros don't
seem to understand the toolchain specification.

These are the days when I wish the documentation
had something like a "available/introduced as of ..."
annotation, so that one does not have to guess
if the capability exists in a certain release.  Yes,
I understand these are fedora docs, and epel is
not the primary target, but for those trying to
support packages that build in both fedora and
epel it would save some time (while there is an
epel packaging section, it does not reliably
include all the differences such as this one).