What has the PDC ever done for us?

Hello Fedora packagers.

What has the PDC [1] ever done for us? It only bough pain and misery to me for no apparent benefit.

1) When we retire packages in dist-git, PDC creates another layer of delay between dist-git and Koji and another place when synchronization regularly breaks.

  dist-git retirement -> PDC retirement -> block in Koji

2) Rawhide packages have arbitrary EOL dates, such as 2222-01-01.

3) Even many of the modular packages have arbitrary EOL dates because maintainers don't know the EOL date beforehand.

4) Packages for branched Fedoras have "epxected" EOLs, such as 2022-11-26 for Fedora 35. Repeatedly, this has prevented packagers from updating their packages in soon-to-EOL Fedoras when the date of EOL was changed, but not in PDC.

5) Many packagers don't know PDC at all, they only observe "random weirdness".

Where is the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health that the PDC have done for us?

Serious question: Why do we need PDC? What actual problems does it solve?

[1] https://pdc.fedoraproject.org/
--
Miro Hrončok