Re: Installing from updates-testing not working?

On Sat, Feb 5, 2022 at 9:04 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, it's not any specific timeframe we can promise here.

Of course not.  But it is clearly not "soon".

> Take a look at:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/propagation
>
> You can see the two days recently we got rawhide composes and that after
> a few hours ~20% of mirrors were updated, then after a day it was 75% or
> so, then after another day it was 90%. So, it depends on which mirror
> you hit when and when it syncs. It could be hours, it could be longer.

And while I would prefer a 95% number, 90% is not terrible
(except for the people who hit those 10%, of course).

So, the bodhi message would be "Should be available in
a few days on a mirror near you!" and not "soon".

btw, it is not clear from that page if there are a few
specific mirrors that are consistently slower than others
to sync which contribute to the slower ramp up.  I
presume you have such metrics.