Re: Bodhi and "update ejected from the push" errors

On Sat, Jan 29, 2022 at 05:38:42PM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel wrote:
> Recently we're having some (a lot) of errors about updates stuck in
> Bodhi with errors like "update ejected from the push because Cannot find
> relevant tag...".
>
> I tried to fix some of them myself, and relengs folks are also on this.
> But since there are so many, I'll post here how to fix yourself.
>
> If your Bodhi update is stuck in the "Pending" state, please make sure
> that all the builds inside the update are tagged in the release
> candidate tag (which is typically something like
> 'f35-updates-candidate'). You can check that by clicking on the build(s)
> name(s) in the right column on the update page.
>
> If any build in the update is not properly tagged, you must manually tag
> it with something like:
>
> koji tag-build f35-updates-candidate build-0.1.2-1.fc35
>
> (obviously you need koji cli to be installed on your system and you need
> to be authenticated with kerberos)
>
> After all the builds in the update are tagged you can push the update to
> testing. If you just push the update without all the builds properly
> tagged, you'll get another "update ejected from the push" the next Bodhi
> composer run.
>
> For updates stuck in the "Testing" state, the quickest solution is to
> unpush the update with the button in Bodhi web interface and then
> re-submit it to testing.
>
> Mattia

Thanks for that post mattia!

I'll note that I am pretty convinced this is caused by the koji
duplicate tagging issue, so I have downgraded the koji hubs back to
1.26.1 until the bug can get sorted out upstream.

Hopefully that means things will go back to normal as we fix the already
mistagged things now.

kevin