java-17-openjdk mass-rebuild for f36 in copr III (last one)

Hello fellow java package maintainers!

I had run last kopr mass rebuild for JDK from java-11-openjdk to java-17-openjdk for f36. Please see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Java17
Full report is: https://github.com/judovana/FedoraSystemJdkBump/blob/main/scritps/spammer/exemplarResults/verboseResults.txt
Diff against rerun II https://github.com/judovana/FedoraSystemJdkBump/commit/671d5aa1c1e7355f13b7c063c9c930d028161368
There is still some ~70 failures.
This was the last rebuild in copr. Next week or two, I will do my best to run the mass rebuild in Koji, FTBFS will be filled, and unless it goes terribly wrong, the side tag will be merged, and all would be settled.
I will spam individual maintainers in following days.

Thanx a lot to everybody who helped to fix the failures. It was some work, and is highly appreciated.
Also common issues grown a bit; https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Java17#common_issues_packagers_can_face_and_gathered_solutions

 J.

Old long Story and how to debug:
We ran a preliminary mass rebuild of javastack in copr repo https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jvanek/java17/builds/ (select "all" instead of "25" at the bottom), on packages requiring java,javac, java-devel, maven-local, ant, ivy & comp. for build. You can see the result was quite interesting:
498  total; attempted to rebuild
64  failed; from those 44 are trivial failures (but if you fix it, there is no guarantee real troubles are not hidden behind that)
425  succeeded
9  not even srpm rebuilt - orphan? dead? (but orpahns and dead ones should be already excluded)

 * if you have some java package, be aware that we are bumping JDK in rawhide
 * Ensure your package builds and runs fine with java-17-openjdk (see the https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jvanek/java17/builds/ )
 * there is special tooling ready for this, before the mass rebuild is launched
 ** See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Java17#copr_preliminary_rebuild
 * If you do not want Fedora to rot with java-11-openjdk for ever, continue reading

I would kindly ask you to search yourself in this list: https://github.com/judovana/FedoraSystemJdkBump/blob/main/scritps/fillCopr/exemplarResults/maintainers.jbump
If you are here, please check status of your package in https://github.com/judovana/FedoraSystemJdkBump/blob/main/scritps/spammer/exemplarResults/coprBuildTable.jbump (pain text of https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jvanek/java17/builds/).
 * If all your packages are "succeeded",  congratulations nothing to do, and just keep en eye on JDK bump
 * If there is "failed" but contains "- 	-" then even srpm built failes. If you wish to resurrect it, please ensure it runs against java-17-openjdk (see lower)
* If there is "failed" but failed in "seconds", then those packages failed so quickly, that the build was in initial phases. That usually mean that you build with source/target/release lower then 1.7. java-17-openjdk supports 1.7 and up. We recommend to bump the source/target to 1.8, to allow existence of compact 1.8 packages alongside main javastack. See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Java17#Wrong_source.2Ftarget_version. Don't forget to upstream the patch, or maybe it is enough to update to more fresh upstream release which supports java-17-openjdk? it may happen, that after the fix, your build will fail in more terrible way (see below) * If there is "failed", and its none of above, then your package simply failed. Very often the scary error may be fixed by bump to latest upstream version. java-17-openjdk is out shortly, but changes against java-11-openjdk are minimal, and upstreams keep an track. Please, try to fix the package. Don't hesitate to ask on devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or java-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or directly to me jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx. If you fix the fail, feel free to share your fix, it may help others. We are trying to gather the most common issues at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Java17#common_issues_packagers_can_face_and_gathered_solutions . Feel free to enhance the page, or write us your case (possibly both with solution and without) so we can add it here.

If your package is  missing, and you wish it here, I will gladly add it! Just let me know - jvanek@xxxxxxxxxx

Debugging Your failures.
The copr repo we maintain, contains builds of java-17-openjdk as system JDK, javapackages-tools, maven & comp. honoring that, and java-11-openjdk as non system JDK. Also it contains successfully rebuilt packages. You can directly use this copr repo in several ways.
* first glance on error. On https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jvanek/java17/builds/ find your build  (select "all" instead of "25" at the bottom),
** Click its number, select chroot (currently  fedora-rawhide-x86_64 ) and check the logs. Main log is build.log.gz.
* anything you push to rawhide, will automatically rebuild here in fedora-rawhide-x86_64 chroot.
** It is the best approach. If you can fix your package in rawhide directly, without breaking the rawhide too much, go for it
** If you need to experiment, I have a mock config for you (generated from copr-cli mock-config jvanek/java17 fedora-rawhide-x86_64) which you can copy to your /etc/mock and use - https://github.com/judovana/FedoraSystemJdkBump/blob/main/scritps/spammer/exemplarResults/jvanek-java17-fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg . Eg:

# as root, globally
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/judovana/FedoraSystemJdkBump/main/scritps/spammer/exemplarResults/jvanek-java17-fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg -O /etc/mock/jvanek-java17-fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg
# or as user, locally (after creating  ~/.config/mock/)
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/judovana/FedoraSystemJdkBump/main/scritps/spammer/exemplarResults/jvanek-java17-fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg  -O ~/.config/mock/jvanek-java17-fedora-rawhide-x86_64.cfg
# change spec, bump sources, apply patches
fedpkg srpm
mock -r jvanek-java17-fedora-rawhide-x86_64  *.src.rpm

Or any other packaging workflow you use, and you can use against the copr repo.
Thank you very much for your help, there are 73 failures, and 267 java packagers, but only 2 active members of java sig. Without your help, the JDK bump will be very hard.

Thank You!
  J.

--
Jiri Vanek Mgr.