Re: shadow-utils libsubid soname bump

On 1/27/22 06:13, Iker Pedrosa wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 3:32 PM Matt Heon <mheon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We're prepared to handle this already as part of the Podman v4.0 change proposed for F36 elsewhere on this list - bumping to the new version will pick up support for the breaking changes in the library, and as long as we trigger a Podman build shortly after the libsuid update lands, we should be in good shape, so our only ask would be to coordinate when the shadow-utils build is dropped to make sure that happens. Unfortunately, I don't think we want to push any Podman v4 builds into F36 until the feature is accepted - is it acceptable to you to wait until that happens? A plan B would be to backport relevant patches for the changes in libsuid to the existing Podman release and cut a build based on that, but we're prefer to avoid that if at all possible.

The update can wait until the change is accepted for F36. We'll need to coordinate to do the two builds, though. Can you please ping me when everything is ready on your side?

@Daniel Walsh : yes, the API provided by the shared library has changed its name.

Giuseppe can you handle this.

Thanks,
Matt Heon