Re: gcc-12.0.0-0.4.fc36 in rawhide

On Mon, 2022-01-24 at 07:15 -0500, Kaleb Keithley wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 2:28 PM Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > > The long double change is an ABI change, so this is kind of expected.
> > > Mass rebuild unfortunately doesn't go according to the dependency graph
> > > (and
> > > unfortunately it isn't a tree, there are cycles).
> > >

> > Indeed. fmt has not been rebuilt, or more accurately, it failed in the
> > mass rebuild. Specifically the ppc64le build failed.  see
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=81489199
> >

> I may have missed the email about this. (Sorry if I have.)
>
> Is there an action on someone's part to fix the assembler, or fix the
> assembly that gcc-12 is emitting on ppc64le that the assembler is puking on?

So, it seems you rebuilt ceph with ppc64le disabled because of this?

That now means there are no ceph packages for ppc64le in Rawhide, which
means that anything that depends on them - which includes qemu - cannot
be installed, and nothing that hits that dep chain can be built.

I just ran into this trying to rebuild os-autoinst, which buildrequires
qemu. :(

I do hope this can be cleaned up soon. Dropping arches from packages is
a very big hammer and should be wielded extremely sparingly. Unless
ceph was unusable without a rebuild on the other arches, it would've
been better to wait until this issue was resolved before rebuilding
ceph.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA