Re: sphinx: Intention to orphan package

MariaDB provides a Sphinx storage engine [1] which build is enabled in Fedora.
The 'mariadb' SPECfile mentions following requirements:

BuildRequires:    sphinx libsphinxclient libsphinxclient-devel
Requires:         sphinx libsphinxclient

I guess that orphaning all (C or Python) versions of Sphinx in Fedora
will make me unable to keep building this SE. (The fact that it is
available via Pip doesn't help me during a package build)

I haven't looked at this piece of MariaDB in years, I have to check
both myself and with the MariaDB upstream - whether they are aware of
this situation or if they already have a plan.

[1] http://mariadb.com/kb/en/about-sphinxse/

--

Michal Schorm
Software Engineer