Re: xen soname bump with 4.16.0 release

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 12:21:47PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 08:29:26PM +0000, Michael Young wrote:
I have built an update of xen to the 4.16.0 release on rawhide in
the f36-build-side-49362 side tag. This changes most library
versions in the xen-libs package. I believe that the qemu and
libvirt packages will need to be rebuilt due to the version change.

There was a bit of discussion off-list about this.  In brief qemu
couldn't be rebuilt because systemtap isn't installable.  That turned
out to be because of an unannounced soname bump in the dyninst
package.

systemtap has already been rebuilt for new dyninst, but my first
rebuild of qemu went in too soon before systemtap was available to
build against.

I've since started a new qemu rebuild (and I used the side tag this
time) so hopefully it'll work this time:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=81093767

Here's the libvirt rebuild in the side tag:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=81099713

Is that everything?

Yes, libvirt and qemu are the only packages that depend on xen libraries so the side tag can safely be merged into rawhide, which I will do later unless someone beats me to it.

	Michael Young