Self Introduction: Brad Smith (aka buckaroogeek)

Greetings

Peter Hunt (aka haircommander) asked if I might be interested in
assisting with the maintenance of the kubernetes packages for Fedora.
I have the time and interest and some of the needed skills. I am
certainly willing to learn.

I am a retired senior manager for a U.S federal agency (US Forest
Service). I have a background in software development over the past
several decades contributing PRs for a number of open source projects
but am not an active member of any specific project. I have a number
of repositories on github including several fedora specific ansible
roles (https://github.com/buckaroogeek?tab=repositories). I also
recently submitted a short note to fedora magazine about some
optimizations to DNF that are useful on low/expensive bandwidth
internet connections (see
https://fedoramagazine.org/use-the-dnf-local-plugin-to-speed-up-your-home-lab/).

Fedora is my primary OS at home for my workstation and Raspberry Pi
kubernetes cluster. The RPi4s all use Fedora 35 minimal currently with
ongoing experiments with Fedora CoreOS.  I started with Fedora 2,
switching from Red Hat desktop.

I have long been an open source advocate. During my federal career, I
was the principal open source advocate within the Forest Service IT
team. I led the adoption of collaborative source code management, and
the adoption and use of open source tools and code. I installed and
managed Enterprise SourceForge in the early 1990s for the agency and
was an active leader in moving the agency from SUSE and AIX to RHEL as
the primary OS in our data centers.

Looking forward to contributing where I can.

Best wishes

Brad