Re: How do we announce new packages?

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 2:29 PM Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - create a ticketing system for idea / text submissions (project with
> issue tracker on pagure?)
> - there, Fedora contributors can propose their cool new features /
> packages for inclusion in the next article
> - person / small group of people curate submissions, put together a
> final article, and propose it for Fedora Magazine
>
> I admit that this *does* sound better than "yet-another-mailing-list",
> though it's probably more work :)

The work (assuming we're just interested in new packages) could be
shortcut a bit by looking at the SCM requests repo:
https://pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issues

This only gives you the new packages, not any useful text, which the
maintainer might be better positioned to provide. Although you could
just use the Description: from the spec file. But one person could
probably put this together for the month in a relatively short time.

Of course, if we want to include stuff beyond "here's the new
packages", this breaks down. The ticket system approach is probably
the best in that case, but the hard part is going to get people to
remember to add to it.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His