Mic recording issues from browsers

Greetings!

I've been banging my head against this wall for a while now, and would
really appreciate some pointers.

I can no longer record Google Meet meetings using RecordRTC
(https://www.webrtc-experiment.com/RecordRTC/). This promptly became a
problem once I upgraded from F33 to F35. I'm fairly certain this has
therefore something to do with PipeWire. The problem occurs on every
browser I've tried, including Chrome and Firefox. The symptoms is that
though my audio comes through clearly to other meeting participants,
my recording of my own voice is at the minimum chopped off, and at
worst is mostly silence with occasional blips of syllable fragments.
The audio coming from other participants is recorded correctly.

I can see that once RecordRTC starts recording, the browser opens
another recording channel to the Pulse socket (which is serviced by
PW, but all these browsers only speak Pulse). I assume that the data
sent over this second recording channel is mangled.

Now, both PA and PW support parallel recording from the same source.
I've observed:
* Recording a stream by another application (parec, vokoscreenNG)
during an ongoing meeting is fine
* Simply recording two streams in parallel from the same application
works fine, the recorded data is identical. This is with both using
"simple" API (https://pastebin.com/vTVzQgpX), or multiple connections
per context (https://pastebin.com/EEX99VDJ).

I'd like to understand how to dig deeper into this. There are a couple
of things that would help:
1. What's an "easy" way to trace an application, and save the output
of any data that passes through a FD? Besides using strace, and then
converting the relevant lines into binaries using some script.
2. What is a good way to get details about connections between an app
and PA socket? I've been relying on 'pactl list` and whatever KDE
settings show about the connections. But 'pactl' shows clients, not
streams, and I can't see any streams or their characteristics. There
are a lot of configuration options on PA streams.
3. Has anybody else seen this? I'd like to find out if it's a known
problem, before I bury myself in Chromium/FF sources to see if I can
get a better handle on where this turns south.
4. Any clues what can this be related to? Considering that
multi-channel recording generally works fine, are there flags/settings
that maybe meddle with the priority, forces buffers being shared or
cleaned up, attempts to acquire an exclusive recording?

Thank you!