Re: Koji notifications arriving days late

On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 12:13 PM Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden
<ewoud+fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2021 at 09:59:08AM -0000, Artur Frenszek-Iwicki wrote:
> >This is happening to me, too - but it doesn't seem to be limited
> >to koji notifications. It happens with bugzilla notifications as well.
> >
> >There isn't any pattern to the delays that I can see.
> >I regularly receive notification digests during the day,
> >yet every now and then I receive a digest informing me
> >of stuff that happened 2 or 3 days ago. I think once
> >it informed me on stuff that was almost a week old.
> >
> >My settings in Fedora Notifications are "100 messages or 1 hour".
> >I don't receive many notifications, so 100% of the time,
> >the time limit kicks in first; most digests I receive
> >have single-digit message counts. This applies to the delayed digests
> >as well - I've never seen one actually reach 100.
>
> For me the notifications over IRC arrive a few days after the events
> happened. I'm not sure when this started (I don't receive that many
> notifications) but I get the impression that they were never instant on
> Libera while I have received them instantly on Freenode in the past.

Yup, my IRC notifications are often delayed by days, as well, making
them ... very much less useful.

It seems that there is some kind of bottleneck somewhere, because the
delay often gets progressively worse if there are lots of
notifications in a short period of time, and then things are only able
to catch up to recent notifications multiple days later (or get lost,
when something seemingly crashes and needs to be restarted).

Fabio