Re: Review request for oclock package (orphaned since F35)

Hi,

Globe Trotter via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thank you to Dan Čermák for reviewing this package. However, I had two questions from his comments. The first was that the spec file should use gpgverify.
> So, I went to the suggested webpage: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_source_file_verification
> and did the following to get my signature
>
> Source0:    https://www.x.org/pub/individual/app/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
> Source1:    %{source0}.sig
>
> but can not tell how to get the gpg keyring from the site.
>
> Second, it is also suggested that I start using rpmautospec, as that will make package maintenance simpler in the long run. I like that of course, but I am trying to understand where this is used?

rpmautospec reduces the necessary churn when updating packages, in the
simplest case it boils down to this:
- use `Release: %autorelease` instead of bumping it yourself
- don't write the %changelog yourself, just put:
%changelog
%autochangelog
at the bottom of the spec

The rpmautospec automation will then bump the release via %autorelease
on each git commit and put every commit message into the changelog.
This has the huge advantage, that it makes updating across all branches
rather easy as you do not have to resolve merge conflicts due to
diverging changelogs or different release numbers any more.

Hope this explains it a bit, feel free to reach out directly if you've
got further questions,

Dan