Re: Action required: Account system IRC pointer reset

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 12:56:33PM +0100, Kamil Paral wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:35 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The old Fedora account system had a ‘irc nick’ field. The new Fedora
> > account system has
> > a ‘Chat nicknames’ section. In that section you can put IRC nick(s) or
> > Matrix Ids.
> > If you do not qualify them, they are assumed to be for the libera.chat
> > (IRC) and fedora.im (matrix) networks.
> >

> Hi Kevin. I heard about Fedora getting its own Matrix server in the future,
> but never saw any announcement that it is here already. Is fedora.im
> production-ready? I'm happy to replace my old Matrix account with a Fedora
> one, if everything is ready.

Most everything is ready, we are just trying to finish writing some
documentation before announcing anything widely.

You can use any matrix app that supports SOO or use
https://chat.fedoraproject.org/ to login via our account system and
create a YOUFASID:fedora.im account.

Hopefully we will get docs sorted out soon.

kevin