Re: Fedora 35 - gedit

On Tue, 2021-11-09 at 13:00 +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 10:13 AM Michael J. Baars
> <mjbaars1977.fedora.devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've been working with Fedora for years now, and I just installed the newest Fedora Workstation 35 on one of my computers.
> >
> > Since I use gedit a lot for editing source codes, gedit was one of the first programs I tried to launch. Now, there I get into trouble. After opening a few
> > source files and trying to start off where I left, I noticed that the mouse pointer (and the line number) often does not end up where I clicked the mouse
> > when
> > trying to position the cursor (for cutting and pasting for example). This is the very first time that I experience this problem.
> >
> > Help would be appreciated,
>
> Have you tried just updating your Fedora 35 system with the most recent updates?
> Because I noticed a recent gnome-shell and mutter update that claims
> to fix jumping cursor positions in text editors:
> https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2021-4ce970eca6
>
> Fabio

Hi,

No, not yet. I will in just a minute if you say that should help. Let me get back on this. By the way, it's not like the window is scrolling into position, it's
the cursor and the mouse pointer that end up on the wrong line number. Let me try to update ...

I did write an email to the gnome applications (discourse) mailing list. Hope that will help too.

Mischa.