Re: F36 Change: Package information on ELF objects (System-Wide Change proposal)

On Fr, 29.10.21 16:37, Neal Gompa (ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > {
> >         …
> >         "originatingBuildSystem" : "koji.fedoraproject.org",
> >         …
> > }
> >
> > With such a simple field we could easily distinguish builds from
> > Fedora from those people might have rebuilt elsewhere, because it
> > would either lack the field or have a different value.
> >
> > (But before we do anything like this I think we should see how this
> > plays out in the wild, and if this really is a problem in the real
> > world.)
> >

> Scratch builds can reuse NVRs and would get that same flag.

Such build could be marked as such too. Either by getting a new field:

    …
    "scratchBuild" : true,
    …

or by setting:

    …
    "originatingBuildSystem" : "scratch.koji.fedoraproject.org",
    …

It'd be entirely up to Fedora to do this, if and how they want to make
things recognizable.

So the the point I am making is not that we should do this at all or
exactly this way, I am just saying that this is all designed to be
extensible enough to naturally and nicely cover for issues like this
if they should really become issues.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin