Re: bodhi updates skipping updates-testing entirely

Hi Fabio,

Fabio Valentini <decathorpe@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> So, I wonder, should updates always be allowed to skip being in the
> "updates-testing" repository entirely? There's probably good reasons
> for it sometimes (for example, time-critical security updates, i.e.
> firefox, kernel, etc.), but in the general case, not giving regular
> "non-koji" update testers any time to test updates before they're
> pushed to stable seems suboptimal.

No I don't think that this should be generally allowed, it should be
imho prohibited for critical path updates where we schedule a full
openQA run.

> Maybe updates should only be able to be pushed to stable by karma if
> they are in the "testing" state, and need a manual "submit to stable"
> button push if they're still "pending"? That should be both fairly
> straightforward to implement in bodhi, and should allow for both the
> "pending → stable fast-track, this is urgent" and the "lets wait and
> let it sit in updates-testing for at least one day" scenarios.
>
> What do you think?

Having packages at least a day in testing (unless absolute urgency is
required) sounds like a good idea to me. This could very well happen
automatically like Miro suggested.

Cheers,

Dan