Re: F34 Cloud Amazon AMIs unbootable after updates

On 10/6/21 3:18 PM, Christopher wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody else noticed that the Amazon Public Cloud images for F34
(https://alt.fedoraproject.org/cloud/) no longer boot after the latest
updates?

I had an instance that I've been keeping up-to-date with dnf system
upgrades and is now on F34, which is now unbootable after recent
updates within the last week. So I tried to create a new instance
using a newer base image at https://alt.fedoraproject.org/cloud/, and
that one is also now unbootable after doing a routine dnf update.

Has anybody else seen this?

Does anybody know which package update caused it? (I saw some
grub-related updates, but not sure if they are to blame)

Does anybody know how to fix a currently broken instance and can share
their solution?

Is there anything on the console log when you reboot it after the updates? If you can share the log that would be helpful.

Joe

--
Joe Doss
joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx