Re: Need help pushing updates to bodhi (tagging problem)

On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 12:48 PM Qiyu Yan <yanqiyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I updated some fcitx5 related packages for f34 and f35, they
> are built in side-tags. But a bug in my scripts causes one package
> (fcitx5-mozc) did not build. Before I realized this, I have already
> pushed the update in bodhi. Then I manually built it in side-tags, and
> updated bodhi update manually (by using "edit" and the refersh
> button). Then since those side-tags will not be used anymore, I
> removed them.
>
> Today I am getting errors from bodhi saying "Cannot find relevant tag
> for ...", and the package is not tagged in koji. (I suppose bodhi
> should have already tagged those package?)
>
> My question is
>  - What is the right way if you want add package to a side-tag update
>  - How to resolve this problem

I think you did the right thing. Building another package inside the
same side tag and then editing the bodhi update to refresh the list of
builds *should* work.
However, I've also hit similar bugs with this workflow before, so it
might be worth opening an issue with bodhi for this.

For your current problem, it's probably easiest to file a ticket with
https://pagure.io/releng and list the affected update and mis-tagged
builds, that should be enough information for somebody with
appropriate powers to resolve the problem.

Fabio