Re: Mangling shebangs in text files: How to detect them, bug in the current implementation and possible solutions

On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 5:34:17 PM EDT Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > From all the scan that we've done on fullish installs in the past,
> > there's
> > only 2 others that you might run across: application/x-elc (lisp) and
> > application/x-java-applet.
> >
> > Maybe you just build in logic to workaround these 3 types? application/
> > javascript is really the only one I can think of that is common.
>
> Yeah, maybe we should just do that. However, that would not cleanup the
> executable pngs.

They should be easy to identify, they start with 'image'. There's not many
types on a typical system. This is what I see in /usr on a system with 5000
packages installed:

application/gzip
application/javascript
application/json
application/octet-stream
application/vnd.ms-fontobject
application/x-bad-elf
application/x-executable
application/x-kdelnk
application/x-sharedlib
application/zip
audio/ogg
font/sfnt
image/gif
image/jpeg
image/png
image/vnd.microsoft.icon
text/html
text/plain
text/x-awk
text/x-c
text/x-gawk
text/x-lua
text/x-luatex
text/x-perl
text/x-python
text/x-ruby
text/x-shellscript
text/x-systemtap
text/x-tcl

You might just make a map since the list is not all that big. The biggest
issue is when you have things text/plain or application/octet-stream. That
means we don't know what it is.

-Steve